The knowledgebase is a categorized collection of answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) and articles. You can read articles in this category or select a subcategory that you are interested in.
- Schedule Items are shown for the selected cash account under the account register. You can use an existing transaction to create a schedule or create a new schedule.
- To make an existing transaction into a schedule item, select the transaction from the account register. You can then right click or click on the edit transactions button and select the menu item make recurring.
- Any transaction can be made into a schedule item this includes the following:
- A normal transaction
- A split transaction
- A split transfer transaction
- A transfer
- A cash investment (Buy, Sell, Dividend, Return of Capital)
- The schedule item is created using the details of the selected transaction with the frequency defaulted to monthly, you can of course change this to another value.
- The schedule item will also have the date set to today's date, you can change this to any date after today's date.
- For cash investments you will see additional options allowing you to change the quantity, price, commission and total values. You will not be able to edit all the values as these will depend on the different type of investment transaction.
- To enter a new schedule item select the entry in the first row of the schedule
- Enter the date, frequency, payee, category, payment type and amount (paid in / paid out) then click on the enter button
- If you have a fixed number of payments enter the number of payments in the times column. If you do not have an end date leave this blank or enter 0, this will then be shown as Open. Once your payments have completed this will be shown as Ended.
- You can also enter a transfer schedule item by selecting the transfer account from the category drop down.
- You can also enter a split schedule item by selecting the split item from the category drop down or clicking on the split button.
- After entering a schedule item the schedule will not be added to the account register. To add the schedule to the account register immediately.
- Select the schedule(s) from the list
- You can then right click or click on the edit schedule button and select the menu item enter in account now.
- The schedules will be added to the account register and the schedule date amended to the next payment date based on the frequency. The number of payments will be reduced if this has been set.
- The schedule transaction in the account register will have an icon with a calendar sign if it is a normal transaction or investment transaction. If its a split item or transfer it will retain the original split or transfer icon
- The schedule update will run the first time the application is used this is a daily task. All schedules that are due or have elapsed are added to the account register.
- To skip a schedule payment you can do the following
- Select the schedule(s) from the list
- You can then right click or click on the edit schedule button and select the menu item skip this payment.
- The schedule date will then be amended to the next payment date based on the frequency and number of payments reduced, without adding any schedules to the account register.
- To move a schedule item from one account to another.
- You can then right click or click on the edit schedule button and select the menu item move to account, selecting the account to move to.
- If you no longer wish to use a schedule item, you can delete it. This will keep all the existing schedule transaction in the account register. If they previously displayed the calendar icon they will be shown as normal transactions
- If you wish to amend a schedule item you can also do that, amend the details and click on the save button. Any amendments will only be used for new schedules transactions and not previous ones.
- In some instances you may have an initial payment that is different to your remaining payments in this instance you can do the following:
- Create your first payment as a normal transaction for your selected account for the date and amount when the payment is due.
- For subsequent payments you will be creating a schedule item. Right click the transaction or select the edit transaction button selecting make recurring
- This will create the schedule item. You can now amend the date, frequency and the fixed amount for the other payments.
- If all your payments will have variable amounts
- Create a schedule item as before
- Set the paid in to 0, you can then amend the actual amount when the transaction is added to the account register.
Fixed number of payments
- If the payments have a repeating cycle i.e. 10 months every year
- Create a schedule item as before, with a monthly frequency
- Set the value for the Times column to 10, This will repeat the monthly payment cycle ten times
- Upon completion of the 10 payments the times value will be shown as ended. To restart this for the next payment year just update the payment date and times field
Article ID: 36
Category: BankTree Desktop 3.0 Personal Finance
Views : 4232
Rating (Votes): (44)