Investments

As of 24th December 2013 version 2.0 is no longer available for purchase. This is a general discussion and self help section for version 2.0, for people to post stuff they have found useful.
tycariadus
Investments

Post by tycariadus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:05 pm

1) How do you add an investment, without it affecting say a cash account? By this I mean I'm trying to show the brought forward balances of holdings, with their original cost.

2) Often unit trusts / offshore funds are not quoted, so you should not be forced to enter a symbol and source for pricing as they won't be found!

3) The quantity should allow for 4 decimal places, as funds are often down to this level. Likewise for prices as these are rounding up.

4) I have entered a price manually in price history as per the help text, from, Friday 6/3/09 but this was not recognised as the last price available in the list of investments / valuation report unless I changed the date to today which is clearly wrong. Can this be updated, as well as allow the price history to be retained.

BankTree Support
Site Admin

Post by BankTree Support » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:24 pm

1) Add a new account and use this for your investment transactions.

3) Calculations already to 4 decimals

4) Price history is maintained the Last Price is chronologically the last price not the last entered price.

Thanks for your input, we will consider these in the next updates. If you have specific problems using the software please contact support directly.