Schedules

As of 24th December 2013 version 2.0 is no longer available for purchase. This is a general discussion and self help section for version 2.0, for people to post stuff they have found useful.
james
Schedules

Post by james » Mon May 19, 2008 10:23 am

How does the schedule work?

I have entered regular/scheduled transaction details there expecting that on the appropriate date they would appear in the account register - they don't seem to - are they merely reminders or am I missing something?

BankTree Support
Site Admin

Post by BankTree Support » Mon May 19, 2008 8:56 pm

There is a check box on the scheduled item - Add to Account Now as Uncleared Item. When this is checked this is added to the account transactions automatically, as an uncleared fund. To view this in the account transaction set the account transaction view to show uncleared funds. You will also see this in the payments reminder window on the account summary screen. Where by selecting the reminder item you can set it as cleared.
Last edited by BankTree Support on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james

Schedules

Post by james » Tue May 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Thank you for that. It does present a bit of a problem - after some fiddling about I did realise that checking the - add to account now box does put the transactions in as uncleared. However, that does leave the question of the relevance of leaving the scheduled item in the schedule as the transactions are now all in the account! Also, I have some regular transactions that simply 'go on forever' I did set the number of these to 999 - result, it was entered 999 times in the account when I hit the check box. This then removes the usefulness of the cleared/uncleared checkbox in the accounts screen - setting it to uncleared just shows the account thousands of pounds overdrawn!! Any future plan to make these scheduled payments automatically entered as the date arrives - as per MS Money and others?

BankTree Support
Site Admin

Post by BankTree Support » Thu May 22, 2008 9:02 pm

set the account summary and the account transaction to show cleared funds. switch on the payment reminder at the account summary screen. The balances will be shown for all cleared funds. Process he reminders as the scheduled items become due.

tycariadus

Schedules

Post by tycariadus » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:01 am

I have to agree, having all the items in the account is not helpful. It makes it much easier if they are entered as they are due, or with x days notice, both options being user driven. :)

BankTree Support
Site Admin

Post by BankTree Support » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:25 pm

Thanks for your input, we will consider these in the next updates. If you have specific problems using the software please contact support directly.

** Updated this is now available in the latest update 15 March 2009 **

http://www.banktree.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13