The knowledgebase is a categorized collection of answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) and articles. You can read articles in this category or select a subcategory that you are interested in.
This article applies to: BankTree Personal Finance 2.0 but it is still useful for BankTree Personal Finance 3.0
How do I load up my existing investments?
- Set up a Cash Account on the Account Summary screen to assign to your Investment Transactions. The cash account is just like a normal account, you can use the Account Group of Investments to keep this separate from your Bank accounts.
- Go to the Investment page - click on the Select Investments tab to see your current investments. Click on the Add Investment button to add an investment.
- You can then enter the details for your investment, including the SYMBOL which will be used to look up the investments price.
- Click on the Add Transaction button (on the investment page) to add an Investment Transaction.
- Select the Cash account created earlier from the list of Accounts, and select the Investment from the list of Investments.
- Create an investment transaction for the Action of BUY for the sum of all the shares for that current investment.
- For each Investment add an adjustment transaction to the opening balance of the Cash account to set the balance of the cash account to zero.
- You can control if you want the investment total added to your cash account, to do this amend the setting under the tools menu > Options > 'Add Investment Value to Account Balance'.
Article ID: 19
Views : 3177
Rating (Votes): (107)