- 2.10.7 - Fix for Google Mutual funds, Bloomberg stock and funds
- Supports Multiple data files
- Supports Archive files
- Automated Backups
- More user control over schedule items
- Simplified Categories making them easier to use
- Add Attachments to transactions
- Improved CSV file import
- Add Keywords for Transactions
- Full Windows Xp, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 User Interface Enhancements
- Improved Reports with Drill-Downs, Summary Reports
- New Graphical Charts for ease of use
- New options page allowing you to set default values
- Plus many more changes
To get these changes download the software from our website.
To update an existing version:
- Uninstall the previous version of BankTree Personal Finance (2.0.8 - 17 July 2009) from the Windows Control Panel.
- Run the Install Manager software to install the new version of BankTree Personal Finance 2.10.7 (download from Here if this is missing).
If you do not follow these instructions you may get all entries in the Paid In columns, and when amending categories get the error message the field tblCategory.Sign can not contain a null value.For each data file:
- Download and copy the Data Utility to the location of your data file. Your data file must be called BankTree.dat
- Run the utility to correct the data, after which the data should be ok.
- Should the expenses be still shown as credits then simply re-run the data utility.
NB: Reconciled funds balance will include all reconciled funds plus all cleared funds. The cleared funds balance will be zero. Go to the view menu to see the different options.
- Supports Multiple Windows Logons / Multiple Data Files
- Speeded up adding automated schedules on start up.
- Added Reconcile payments to multiple transactions edit dialogue
- Added ability to resize the reconcile account / clear funds screen
- Added Ability to create a folder when running the backup files function
- Amended OFX file import
- Amended decimal precision for investments
- Various other interface changes
- Go to the Help Menu -> Check for Updates, to get these changes.
Make sure your Internet Firewall is not blocking the application InstallManager.exe, or BankTree3.exe, from accessing the internet.
For Windows Vista, make sure InstallManager.exe, and BankTree3.exe have been elevated to access the internet
The following link on the Mozzila site discusses firewalls and how to configure them for application access Click Here.
Items in BankTree Personal Finance are either marked as Uncleared Funds, Cleared Funds or Reconciled.
Uncleared: These represent transactions you have entered but have not yet checked with your bank
Cleared Funds: These are transactions that physically exist in your account.
Reconciled Funds: These are transactions that physically exist in your account, which have also been checked against your statement.
BankTree Personal Finance supports a variety of file import formats these include support for Microsoft Money and Quicken OFX and QIF file formats. Support for native CSV (comma separated value) ASCII or binary format is also included. Multiple accounts can also be imported from your QIF or OFX file if they contain them.
For QIF Files: bank transactions, cash transactions, credit card transactions, investment transactions, other liability transactions, and other asset transactions can be imported.
For OFX, QFX Files: bank transactions, cash transactions, credit card transactions, investment transactions can be imported.
MNY, QDF or Quicken backup files are not supported.